|Buy 'Travels in The New Europe: A Changing Continent'|
Travels in The New Europe: A Changing Continent
A continuous journey of some 7,500 miles from well above the Arctic Circle in the northern most reaches of Scandinavia all the way down to the bottom stub of the Ukrainian Crimea on the Black Sea. From the bewildering metropolis of Moscow across the continental landmass to the mysterious Albania and the war-scarred Balkans. From the beauty of St. Petersburg to the ugliness of rioting in Budapest. From the sobering greyness of Nazi death camps in Poland to the rewarding challenges of Ukraine and even a night out at the opera.
Europe has so much to offer, so many views to admire, so many cities to marvel at, so many people to engage, so many stories to tell. To our eyes and ears, Europe has been enlarging, or getting bigger, in recent years. More and more of this fascinating and changing continent is opening up before us.
Why not take yourself on a brisk meander through The New Europe?
- Travels in the New Europe: A Changing Continent
- Denmark - Carlsberg and Cycling
- Sweden - From Volvos to Prostitutes
- Norway - From Vikings to Yuppies
- Norway - Somewhere Up North
- Lapland - The Reindeer Parliament
- Swedes We Are Not. Therefore Let's Be Finns!
- Estonia - Moving On
- St. Petersburg - Russia's Window
- Moscow - The City of Billionaires and Beggars
- Latvia and the Lithuania Sahara
- Poland - Catholics and Capitalism
- Auschwitz - The Factory of Death
- Free Climbing In The Tatras
- Slovakia - All Roads Lead To Tesco
- The Vienna Waltz
- Rioting in Budapest
- Hungarian Bulls Blood
- Chop and Change in Ukraine
- Enlightened in Lviv
- Getting Married & Ripped Off In Freezing Kiev
- Drowning In The Crimea
- Odessa - Gateway to the Black Sea
- To Romania!
- Hospitality In Bulgaria
- Macedonia - Wonderful Lake Ohrid
- Albania - Don't Knock It Until You've Tried It!
- Moody Montenegro
- The Tapestry of Bosnia
In an era of cheap flights, there remains something reassuringly authentic about sampling a continent by travelling overland.