|Buy 'Batting for Pakistan'|
Batting for Pakistan
Read all of this book in its entirety below...
From down the Khyber Pass out of Afghanistan all the way to the border with India, this book reveals a fascinating country of great diversity, theatrical events, off beat appeal and many assets, chief among them its people.
You cannot write about Pakistan without writing about cricket. The two are intimately interlinked. It would be like going to England and pretending that football didn’t exist. A passion for cricket infuses much of this eventful journey through Pakistan, along with many other things: encounters involving guns, drugs and most lethal of all, dangerous cricket balls.
- 1 - Carrying on Down the Khyber Pass
- 2 - Life at the Frontier
- 3 - Drugs, Guns and Cricket
- 4 - Mr. England meets Osama
- 5 - Welcome to Faisalabad. We Love Cricket!
- 6 - Life in Lahore
- 7 - Passage to India - Long Live Pakistan!
- 8 - Bowled Over in Lahore
- 9 - Smoking, Spinning and Drumming
- 10 - Royalty and Cricket in Peshawar
- 11 - Back to the Afghan Border
- 12 - A Very Short Walk in the Hindu Kush
- 13 - Brandy on the Bumboret
- 14 - Last Days in the Mountains
- 15 - Shaken and Stirred by an Earthquake
- 16 - Islamabad - Rockets and Technocrats
- 17 - Pakistan: A Dangerous Country?